Updated: Sep 23, 2014 10:12
See the next post for help text, and here for a users successful build.
The additional functions that my Minima Alternate Tuning Method Repository provides are as following.
- High resolution, plus/minus 1Hz Tuning (thanks to Jeff - KO7M).
- Near Normal Dial Tuning Method as found on most Dial Radio system.
- Support for six additional buttons
- Tuning Cursor positioning via Left/Right push buttons.
- Automatic (original) or Manual Selection of Sideband via push button.
- Ham Band Switching via Up and Down push buttons
- Nine Ham Band Memories, with Frequency and Sideband Saved
- Two Memories for each Band, implemented and saved as "A" and "B" VFO
- RF386 Power Amplifier Filter Selection via generated clock pulses on PD7 (pin13). Note: It works now, with new revised timing pulses.
- Tuning by 2500Hz Steps (similar to FT-817, mode set via button 7)
- Re-Center Tuning Knob while any Button, Key, or PTT is pressed, without changing the Freq
- RIT Mode, implemented as +-990Hz in 10Hz Steps
- Limit TX to within the Ham Bands (currently, the user must control Sidebands out side of the Ham Bands)
- Include Jeff -KO7M Si570 Driver "Tuning Click Fix"
- Frequency Dial Calibration via IF Frequency Adjustment
- IF Configuration and Adjustments
- On demand, save user specified Band Memories into non-volatile memory, and retrieved on power up.
- Factory Reset - By Holding any Button at Power-ON or Processor Reset
- Split, Cross-Band or In-Band operations; Transmit on "A" VFO and Receive on "B" VFO (Note: I need to check the Regulations to see if Split operations is legal on HF?)
- Automatic CW ID and/or CW CQ Calling Memories.
- Two CW Macros and Two QRSS Macros Beacon
- User Preference Menu Edit Mode
Additional functions that are currently being planned, are:
- Implement option for UK Band Limits and Default Frequencies
Long Term Plans
Some longer term implementation ideas include:
- Implement WSPR, and PropNET Transmit Beacon modes.
- Limits imposed on modes, based on Band Plans, i.e., SSB Transmit only in phone section. A "digital" mode could allow computer controlled transmit via a sound card on Upper Sideband.
- etc, etc