Due to my Minima CPU Module damage (see: Link) I will have some time to consider some addition modifications to my Minima Program.
Please provide comments and feedback.
As currently implemented the following functions exist and published on my GitHup Repository. This implementation is know as an "Minima Alternate Tuning Method". Note: these functions are not found in the Farhan's original sketch.
- High resolution, plus/minus 1Hz Tuning (thanks to Jeff - KO7M).
- Near Normal Dial Tuning Method as found on most Dial Radio system.
- Tuning Cursor positioning via Left/Right push buttons.
- Automatic (original) or Manual Selection of Sideband via push button.
- Ham Band Switching via Up and Down push buttons
- Nine Ham Band Memories, with Frequency and Sideband Saved
- RF386 Power Amplifier Filter Selection via generated clock pulses (Note: Not a lot of testing has been done on this yet)
These are some recently implemented, but NOT published, functions that are being tested. These will be made available soon.
- Re-centering the Tuning POT can be done while any button is pushed (held) without changing the current frequency - DONE
- Tuning 2500 Hz Steps, similar to FT-817 left knob. Note: most SSB stations are spaced 2500 Hz apart as seen on most waterfalls. - DONE
Additional functions that are currently being planned, are:
- Two Memories for each band, implemented and saved as "A" and "B" VFO - DONE
- Plus or minus 990 Hz RIT with 10 Hz resolution - DONE
- Cross-Band or In-Band operations; Transmit on "A" VFO and Receive on "B" VFO (Note: I need to check the Regulations to see if Cross-Band operations is legal?) - DONE
- Transmit enabled only within the nine Ham Bands (Note: due to complexity, 60m band is not currently planned) - DONE
Long Term Plans
Some longer term implementation ideas include:
- Frequency Dial Calibration - DONE
- IF Configuration and Adjustments - DONE
- On demand, save user specified Band Memories into non-volatile memory, and retrieved on power up. - DONE
- Implement a simple Menu System for user specified function and modes.
- Implement simple automatic CW ID and CW CQ Calling Memories. - DONE
- Implement QRSS, WSPR, and PropNET Transmit Beacon modes. QRSS - DONE
- Limits imposed on modes, based on Band Plans, i.e., SSB Transmit only in phone section. A "digital" mode could allow computer controlled transmit via a sound card on Upper Sideband.
- "Factory" Reset (memories and configuration) on demand. - DONE
- etc, etc
With the normal GitHUB functionality different "Named" levels of complexities can be made available for users;
- Farhan's Original Sketch
- My Alternate Tuning Method without buttons (this works with the original Minima Hardware as documented by Farhan)
- My Alternate Tuning Method used with Six additional buttons (used by functions as proposed here)
- Beta code with new untested functions
All of the above proposed functionality requires only the addition of a few parts (see: Link);
- One 47K Resistor between two pins on the microprocessor.
- Six simple push button switches with six 4.7K Resistors, all installed on the front panel.
- For RF protection, a few bypass Caps are suggested (see: Link).
To implement all of the above functionality in the programming space available, a Sketch rewrite for size optomization may be necessary. Therefore, the original Sketch and programming details may become less obvious to a novice programmer.
Your Help Needed
Other implementation ideas are Requested, Encouraged and Welcome.
OR, this could be a starting point for your own GitHUB Fork, a place to save your Sketch Modifications and share in the programming fun.
OR, someone that likes to write user documentations is always welcome to help. But note, all of this is in flux, and therefore flexibility is a necessity.
Please provide comments and feedback.