The latest on-line FUNcube sale was to be held today, Friday 14, 2011 at exactly 20:00 UTC. As it turned out, all 100 available units were sold in about 90 seconds.
At 19:59:45 - I was ready:
- My computer clock was calibrated and in sync with the on-line time standard
- All unnecessary or extra windows and processes were removed from the computer
- My Paypal account was up-to-date
- The FUNcube "Buy It Now" page was on the screen
- My Paypal password was in the "Cut Buffer"
At 20:00:03 - I pressed the "button".
The results was a sale logged at 20:00:09, and a Paypal email receipt from "Hanlincrest Ltd" created at 20:00:34 !
I am sure many more FUNcubes could have be sold, if they had been available.
The FUNcube is a VHF/UHF (64MHz to 1.7GHz) Dongle SDR Receiver, see:
Now, I just have to wait for the postal service.
- Follow the FUNcube Label Link below to follow ALL of my FUNcube adventures.