- For the Tests , the Esp-13 was on a local WIFI network, running at 160MHz, with 4MB of 80 MHz Flash.
- My Workstation is hard wired connected to the same network via a switch.
- The Http Transfer Protocol used is "CHUNKED".
- The Automatically Refreshed (4 Second) Home Page was a little over 30KB.
- My Workstation had 20 Tabs open, each connected to the Esp's Home Page.
- The included Graphic was showing a steady 15.8KB FreeHeap.
- The Test Home Page has; Text, Graphs, Charts, and SVG Images, all Dynamically Created for each Http request.
- Also, during the Test, mDNS was scheduled and updated each 5 minutes, ntp was updated each 30 minutes.
- Diagnostic Trace and Status was being Created and Displayed on the Workstation Arduino IDE Monitor via USB.
- My Normal Workstation work (which was unavoidable) was also being done during the Tests.
( 20Esp Tabs x 30KB ) / 4Sec = 150KB Per Second Created and Transferred
|One of 4 Groups of 5 Esp Tabs|
|Typical Monitor Output|
I am impressed and very happy with the results.
I will soon update my GitHub Repository with the revised and much faster code.
Let me know if you are interested in participating in a Live Internet Stress Test.
The initial Internet Tests (with my friend Jeff) suggests the Home Page will update at about 6 seconds per page over the Internet, with the Auto Update rate set to 3 Seconds. And, which, of course, is going to be very dependant on my end of a very slow network. So far, we have not done any multi-Tab Test.
Soon, for some more Tests, I plan to connect the Esp-13 to a Very Fast Internet Connection at my Son's house, stay tuned for that.
-- Home Page: https://WA0UWH.blogspot.com