Sunday, August 24, 2014

Minima - Planned Panel

Some design progress

Along with my Minima LAB modules (see previous post) I plan to actually build a Minima Transceiver.

This is what I think the front panel will look like. It will be created on brushed double sided copper clad PCB material with nomenclature applied via the Toner Transfer Method. A light protective layer of shellac (or varnish) will be applied.

The rest of the chassis will be double sided copper clad PCB material also.

I take inspiration from Dave's - AA7EE wonderful Chassis that he has built for his projects. His blog is a must-see! . . . I can only hope to be maybe 10% as artful.

My Minima - Planned Panel
Note: A front panel PTT Button may not be necessary depending on the Mic/Phone/Headset used. But, when the switch is absent within the Mic, the panel PTT can be used.

The Reset Button will be mounted on the back of the chassis.

--

2 comments:

  1. " I can only hope to be maybe 10% as artful."

    Thank you for the compliment Eldon, but your attention to detail with your SMT work is fantastic. I am envious of your SMT knowledge and experience. There is great art in what you do!

    I'm on my way to the local print shop right now, as I am toying with the idea of building a Minima for receive only. I will be paying even more attention to your blog in the near future!

    73 for now,

    Dave
    AA7EE

    ReplyDelete