I really want to follow G3XBM and G4ILO's leads and get on other interesting bands with a simple configuration.
My initial goals, desires or ideas for this modulator/controller are:
- Self contained module
- PIC or other controller
- Simple rotary Input for CALL, Grid and Power
- Display for interaction
- Maybe an output to set Power on Transmitter
- Provide Audio FSK and/or DC level for direct modulation
- Transmit Control as necessary
- Receiver for time tick from (WWV or other) for transmit timing, maybe using the TX antenna?
- Easy connection to simple Oscillator/Transmitter
- Simple low Battery power requirements
- Built with simple and easy to obtain parts
- Easy to reproduce in Manhattan, Ugly or SMD Style
- Published Art Work, Source Code and Parts List
Here is what I think I know - more details to be added as they are known - please help if you can.